Wednesday, December 02, 2009

As history repeats itself

Today was no exception to what happened 3 years ago. It was the night when I lost my "wife" in Taiwan. It was a big case and I was punished for it. I was sent to a place where no one in the right frame of mind wants to go. Memories or rather nightmares started to unfold itself in my mind as I zoomed off to go get it just now. 120km/h on Malaysian road is scary. But it was for the sake of me being able to return back to Singapore-legally.

The funny part was I was entirely calm through it all. The feeling was akin what I felt 3 years back. Normally, people would get all kancheong about it. But no, I was the calmest one amongst the company of thousands. Imagine this, I calmly went up to my c0mpany's OC(Officers in Command) and told him what happened. I couldn't believe that I actually laughed at him when he jumped! The laughter didn't last long as he lifted me off the ground and asked me where I last left it.

They say that those who are the calmest during a crisis are those who actually have no vivid imagination at all. Perhaps, it's just within me to remain at my calmest when trouble starts spewing it's ugly truth into my face. Impending death, impending prison, impending whatever...I have never been so calm before except to when those things(bad things) are real possibility.

No matter, I am still disappointed with myself for being so absent minded then and tonight. I guess I need to be extra careful with all that. Heck, I'm going to take the lessons that I've learnt. The important lesson learnt tonight is that if I have no passport, I cannot go home. Yeah...

It is the calm and silent water that drowns a man

No comments: